Friday, June 15, 2012

"BUYER--BEWARE!!"


GENMAICHA TEA
I was at a local farmers market today, here in BC and a woman was selling some "Brown Rice Tea" I eagerly snapped up a bag, cause I enjoy the Japanese Genmaicha very much. "Genmaicha" is a variation of Japanese green tea that incorporates toasted brown rice into the steeping process. The tea's flavor is strong and distinctly nutty, and is just as delicious cold as it is hot.The term genmaicha collectively means "brown rice tea." Gen can be interpreted as "dark", so the tea generally looks dark, like a weak coffee.
YOUR BASIC TOASTED BROWN RICE-duh!

When I got "home", I opened the package and to my surprise found. . . . TOASTED BROWN RICE! But thinking that perhaps this still had some wonderful tea properties, proceeded to brew a cup. So here you can see I ended up with a glass of weak rice water and. . . .





FLUFFY BROWN RICE!!!           



AT A VERY INFLATED PRICE, NO LESS!!

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

So...how was the tea? Did you add some vegs to rice and have a nice snack? But I heard it was a beautiful day for a drive up the valley and that you & T 'bonded' and 'vented' about me...what more could you ask for? Well, maybe for a little less fibrous items in your stir fry perhaps...xo