Wednesday, April 25, 2012

CHILDREN NEED YOUR PRESENTS MORE THAN THEY NEED YOUR PRESENCE!

GERBER BABY!

BABY MAGIC BABY
  Maybe that is not exactly what Jesse Jackson said. . . But that is pretty much what my boys might say!! Today marks a milestone for my son. . . He has finally leaped into the 20's. 
 And we all survived the teen (alien) years!! Whoopee. 
 I think I have heard that:
 "small children interfere 
with your sleep,
 big children--your life!" 
 
 But casting all seriousness aside. . . .I can't help but remember that precious small child. 
THIS TAKES EXTREME TALENT!.
 
I always envisioned smothering my children with love, but to be honest, there were moments I had to restrain myself from smothering them with a. . . pillow.

 

The years roll by and Kevin has grown into a fine young man with a great sense of humor and many talents  as you can see from all these pictures!!
RANDY NEWMAN INPERSONATOR
ROBOT MAN

HERE ARE SOME FAMOUS QUOTES. . . FROM THE MOUTH OF BABES!

Elliott watching Kevin's baby video: "That's before I was mean to Kevin."

Kevin looking at a picture of Grandad and Grandma's wedding picture: "Oh, that was back before they had wrinkles."

Kevin: "Daddy, I think your gray hair has been creeping up on you--You need some of that stuff to make you look younger! "ONLY MEN'S" that turns your hair brown. Did your hair use to be brown?"

Listening to music on the airplane with earphones: "Dad they're playing that old fashioned music like you are."

Me: "Princes Di loved children!"
Kev: "Yeah, she would have loved me if she had met me!"

Kev:  "Even when your dead we can have your birthday.  George Washington is dead and we still celebrate his birthday."

Kev praying the night before his first day of kindergarten: "Help me not to be shy tomorrow and help me not to get a tatoo like my dad has."

My favorite--the night before his birthday: 
"Tomorrow I'll be 4 and I will still be your precious boy!"
STILL MY PRECIOUS BOY!

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

Oh my...we are getting sentimental in our OLD age, aren't we? Yes, he is very, very 'precious' and you are lucky to have him. He will take very good care of you in your golden years which btw are almost here! Hah! Can you front me some $$$, I seem to have misplaced my wallet...

xo and happy birthday K-ooz!