Monday, June 27, 2011

THE GUARDIAN


I am up here in the far north. . . the land of 16 hour days! I'm house-sitting for some English folk, and this magnificent beast is part of the deal. My new pal, Bailey. He's 7 mo old and just a sweet heart. The mellowest puppy I have ever met! As you might notice, he is part wolf. Timber, Arctic,Gray and then has some malamute thrown in.When instructed on the feeding of Bailey, I was told that he liked brekkie and tea. I was nonplussed that a wolf liked tea and curious how I was to fix him tea. Large pot brewing special English tea or was he more of the herbal type? So I asked exactly how would I do that? Answer: "Just give him half a can of dog food and a scoop of biscuits(kibble)!"

I had no idea that it is customary in England where "tea" refers to an evening meal.
Guess it is "tea time" for the cats,fish and birds as well!
Bon Appétit!

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

oh, so sad. So very sad. Did you imagine that you would be taking care of animals while on holiday in BC? I love the dog enjoying 'tea'...gotta love those brits.

Okay, time to eat, bay-bey...

xo