Saturday, May 7, 2011

"MOTHERS ARE A NATURAL FORCE. . .

. . . AND MAYBE AN ALTERNATIVE SOURCE OF FUEL"

It is only appropriate that at this time of the year, I do a tribute to
MoTHeRS
After all, if it weren't for our mothers, we wouldn't be around!?!? There are so many wonderful qualities my mother had, but it seems a perfect time to talk about the traits of our moms’ we swore we’d never adopt but have — in spite of our best efforts. I remember when the words- “Because I said so, that's why” slipped out. I could not believe those words escaped my lips! I swore I would NEVER say things like that. Wasn't long into motherhood that I was eating lots of crow.

Here are just a few of those expressions. I am sure you can add a few of your own in the comments:
How many times do I have to tell you?
If I've told you once ... I've told you a thousand times.
"Tough cookies"

A little "birdy" told me!
Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident!
(Now I just keep a pair in the glovebox just in case!!??)

Someday your face will freeze like that!

Cleanliness is next to Godliness.



Are you going out dressed like that?



If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Think of thos
e poor starving children in . . .

"I love you!"



Mother's Day Card 1995



Mother's Day CARD 2011

"The hand that rocks the cradle usually is attached to someone who isn't getting enough sleep."

2 comments:

Cowgirl said...

Did you know that 'The Hand That Rocks the Cradle' is the name of a really fine horror movie? You should see it.

Happy Mother's Day to you my friend and I know that those boyz realize that they are lucky brats to have landed in your universe. You are the best role model and teacher they could have. You've done a super job of trying to make them into well mannered, non-farting, responsible MEN...I hope they heed you.


Love from the great white north...

Anonymous said...

hey...

My sister and I have another "horror movie" statement(I think it was even a Disney flick.. IF I remember my Fairy Tales...) we use with each other...

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall... I AM MY MOTHER AFTER ALL."

Just sayin..