Friday, April 15, 2011

THE JOY OF THINKING ABOUT COOKING OR FOOD FOR THOUGHT


Is there such a thing as recipe hoarding? I seem to have a shameless obsession for collecting recipes. I tear out recipes from magazines and newspapers.I also love to peruse cookbooks and recipes. Especially the picture cookbooks. . . I drool over the gorgeous photos and imagine the delicious tastes. I have a box full of recipe clippings.
I love to cook, but I seldom use the recipes that I have so carefully saved. Where can I find therapy for this problem? Recipe hoarders anonymous?
I did finally try a new recipe this month and you may find it refreshing, too.

KALE-APPLE SMOOTHIE
BLEND:
  • 2 cups chopped kale, ribs and thick stems removed
  • 1-2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 apple
  • 1 carrot
  • 3 Tbl. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tbl lime juice
"BON APPETITE"

Now that leaves me only 3,429 more recipes to try from my stack.



2 comments:

Joey Boshart said...

Hey girlfriend... I have this "crazy" friend.. Her name is "Crema Dona" ... aka... V Gina.

Well,... I can't thank her enough for all that she has (and continues to) taught me over the years. First she taught me of D-Licous food... then wine, much to my cholesterols demise.. and then the beauty of Mexico..(sound a bit familiar?). Well, I got a book from her called "Animal, Vegatible, Miracle".... hence, I started buying local fare (hard in SoDak in winter..) and "Heirloom" seeds and pony packs... AND... MY FIRST GREEN HOUSE thingamagigee... for 39 bucks at Lowes... LONG STORY...BUT, over the last 4 yrs I have eaten ORGANIC tomatoes, sugar snaps, broccoli and cabbage from MY very own garden.... Yes...the Food Channel is something I try to channel.. and I am seeking recipes for "cabbage"... but IT IS D-Lious!!!! She makes me a better person... I only hope one day I can do the same for her. Love you cuz she does, and hope to meet you some day. Mean it.

Cowgirl said...

K-grrl,
This is such a good post and so accurate. You are a 'recipeaholic'...remember take it just one day at a time. Hah!

BTW I think there is a missing key ingredient in that smoothie recipe. Can you guess what it is? Yes...MESCAL. Now wouldn't that just take the edge of any morning?

Oh and one more BTW, what nice things your previous commenter said about moi. I love her a lot too and so pleased that she pays attention to much of my solicited and unsolicited advice. Just sayin'.

xo g-vina