Thursday, February 10, 2011

LO-O-O-O-O

"MY FAVORITE THING IS
TO GO
WHERE I HAVE NEVER BEEN!"

So I am finally here in Lo de Marcos,a little piece of paradise. A truly sleepy town with a magnífico beach and laid back ambiance. It hasn't taken long to relax and discover that nothing is too important that it can't wait until mañana.

I did not get a "warm" welcome, however. After leaving my jacket and long undies in the car at the airport in Sac, I knew I was in trouble when the pilot came on the intercom announcing that it was 67° in Puerto Vallarta. By sundown in Lo, it had dropped to 55°. Now the snowbirds are thinking that it is just perfect summer weather, but I was packed for it to be the usual 70-80. It didn't take me long to scavenge a few items from the locals: small heater, blanket, knit pants,and flannel shirt. A used long sleeve shirt from the mercado with a goodwill tag completed my ensemble (I was not given the goodwill price!?!?) Thankfully, I did bring my pashmina (shawl) with me, so the first few nights found me in 3-4 layers of clothing and the pashmina wrapped around my neck to keep warm.

One of the best things about Lo is that I have my own personal cocinero (chef) here. . . Si! None other than Señora Yena. Ms. "G", herself!! With just a few simple local ingredients, she can whip up such culinary delights. I would rather eat in mi casa or snack from the street venders.


BY THE WAY!! US CITIZENS BEWARE!!
U.S. government has issued a
Mexico Travel Warning

Very dangerous here. Do not consider this area. . . It must be left to me to have peace and quiet!!
Adiós

2 comments:

Cowgirl said...

Pashmina/pashina/vgina/gvina, oh what memories are being made. So the only real disconcerting thing about 'el scorpion' in the bathroom was when he disappeared and we had to shower while keeping watch...other than that he was sooooo cute.

Enjoying you, the Lo and the mescal and not necessarily in that order. Jeesh, our infinity pool is the best, eh?


xo tu sobrina

Joey Boshart said...

Espero conocerte algún día. Los tres de nosotros será un grito. Cocina de Gina y consejos de salud y ejercicio, y nuestro humor y una visión racional. ¿Puedes seguir porque no puedo con la Chica. Mucho amor a su pesar. :)

Su amigo

Ho-Elle