Saturday, January 30, 2010

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME. . . THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Ben is home again. Yippee! I was so worried, because he wouldn't eat or drink at the hospital and he would just stumble around acting depressed. The Vet hoped he would improve with home therapy. But think about it. Have you ever been stuck in the hospital for a day or two? Much less 5 days? Did you love the food? Of course not. And how was the bed? Even with an egg-crate pad, those beds are lousy. You probably couldn't wait for the doctor to let you out of the place to get home to your own bed and a home cooked meal.

We picked up Ben this evening and he gave us a weak wag and ambled unsteadily to the car. We got home and practically had to shove him into the house, he was so reluctant to move. But then with baby steps, he started exploring. He didn't want to leave my side. I fixed him some rice and he wolfed it down, along with a nice drink of water. I must say I got a bit emotional. I was jubilant. "He's eating!" It looks like being home is the remedy for Ben's recovery. I've even caught him wagging his tail a little more. He's got a long way to go, one day at a time!

There is no place like home!


No comments: